Pubslush is a global crowdfunding and analytics platform for the literary world. Our niche platform allows authors to raise money and gauge audience response for new book ideas while readers pledge their financial support, democratically bringing books to life. By offering publishers and industry professionals their own unique pages, Pubslush gives these innovators the power of customized crowdfunding. Pubslush’s highly-rated personalized service and focus on user education helps to ensure our authors are as successful as possible.
1. Authors build a book campaign, submit a summary, a sample of their work and build rewards.
2. Readers financially support their favorite submissions, in exchange for a reward (like a first edition, digital preview, etc.).
3. Authors raise money and use supporter analytics to publish successfully via any publishing route they prefer.
Visionary authors and trendsetting readers. Pubslush is a community of socially conscious literary tastemakers — a global book club with a cause.
Publishing a book is like making a movie. A lot goes into it. Editing, design, formatting, digital conversion, marketing, publicity, registration, distribution, and more. Authors using Pubslush raise money to offset these costs to publish their book successfully.
Well first and foremost, Pubslush is for books only. We offer flexible funding, are completely global, have the lowest fee in the industry of 4% and we provide our authors with valuable market analytics. For a full list check out the Pubslush 101.
1. Reduces uncertainty. By allowing authors to establish an audience in advance of publication (and to know who that audience is), much of the risk involved with book publishing is eliminated. This a major problem in the industry and is why so many celebrities are published: because publishers know there is a built in audience. Now everyone has a chance to prove their worth!
2. Improves the quality of self-published work. One of the biggest gripes of self- published content is the lack of quality. By providing access to capital and resources to navigate the industry, we hope to eliminate the stigma around self-publishing.
No. Pubslush can be used by anyone representing or involved with an author, including publishers, agents and industry professionals.
The original idea for Pubslush was inspired by the struggles of authors like J.K. Rowling, whose bestselling Harry Potter series was "slushed", or passed over, by the 12 publishers to which it was initially sent.
Anyone with a great book idea. Unpublished or published, novice or professional. If you have what it takes, prove it!
We accept every type of book across all genres.
Readers support books for the same reason people vote on American Idol; they want to be involved in the discovery process. Pubslush gives people a much-needed voice in the publishing revolution.
Authors are able to choose any publishing route they choose. Authors are never in contract with Pubslush at any time and retain all the rights and royalties to their book always.