Pubslush is a global crowdfunding and analytics platform for the literary world. Our niche platform provides a way to raise money and gauge audience response for literary-based projects while supporters make financial pledges, bringing ideas to life.
1. Create a project page by submitting necessary material that explains your campaign.
2. Pre-promote your campaign through social media networks.
3. Supporters financially contribute to the campaigns they love and, in exchange, receive a pre-determined reward.
4. Campaigners raise funds and gain access to supporter data and analytics to bring their project to life and better understand their audience.
Authors, literary trendsetters, screenwriters, educators, philanthropists, publishers, literary industry professionals... Basically, anyone interested in funding a literary project.
The funds raised go towards any and all aspects of bringing the literary project to life. For example, if it’s a book project, the funds can be used to pay for editing, design, formatting, digital conversion, marketing, publicity, registration, distribution, etc.
First and foremost, Pubslush is a global platform for literary projects only. We offer flexible funding, we have the lowest fee in the industry, and we provide our campaigners with valuable market analytics. Most importantly, though, we pride ourselves on our emphasis on user education and for being an accessible resource for our campaigners every step of the way with the Pubslush Prep program. For a full list what makes us different, check out Pubslush 101.
1. Reduces uncertainty. By allowing authors and other literary trendsetters to establish an audience (and to know who that audience is) in advance of publication or production, much of the risk involved with bringing a literary project to life is eliminated.
2. Quality Control. By providing access to capital and resources to navigate the industry, we hope to help give authors the tools to produce quality books.
3. Broadening your reach. By approaching your network with an established platform, it is easy to share your project, create a buzz and gain support.
4. Support Team. Pubslush Prep provides our campaigners with the option to choose from various levels of campaign support.
1. Reduces uncertainty. By allowing authors to establish an audience in advance of publication (and to know who that audience is), much of the risk involved with book publishing is eliminated. This a major problem in the industry and is why so many celebrities are published: because publishers know there is a built in audience. Now everyone has a chance to prove their worth!
2. Improves the quality of self-published work. One of the biggest gripes of self- published content is the lack of quality. By providing access to capital and resources to navigate the industry, we hope to eliminate the stigma around self-publishing.
No. Pubslush can be used by anyone representing or involved with an author, including publishers, agents and industry professionals. Pubslush can also be used to raise funds for any literary or publishing project.
The original idea for Pubslush was inspired by the struggles of authors like J.K. Rowling, whose bestselling series, Harry Potter, was rejected by the 12 publishers to which it was initially sent. In response, Pubslush was founded as a means to create a more democratic publishing process. Since its launch in 2012, Pubslush has grown and now caters not only to books, but all types of literary projects.
Any literary trendsetter with the passion and drive to rally support and bring their project to life.
Pubslush accepts all types of literary-based projects, including books, magazines, screenplays, apps, educational, and philanthropic projects. If you come up a brand new medium, we can help make it happen!
Supporters are drawn to projects for various reasons, but mostly because they want to help bring amazing projects to life. Campaigners who set clear goals and are passionate about their project will draw a wider audience.
Pubslush takes a small fee of 4% plus a 3.5% credit card processing fee.
Your card will be charged once a campaigner hits their campaign minimum.
Your statement will show "Pubslush Press, LLC".